Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Rent
- This agreement shall come into force when signed by ‘The User’ and Universal Radio and Data Communications Ltd., herein referred to as ‘The Company’. This rental agreement shall be for a minimum period as agreed after which time the User will have the option to renew this agreement.
- This agreement shall include the following:- (Tick which is appropriate)
- Taxi Data Software
- Two-way Radio Equipment
- Remote Base Station
- Telephone System
- Radio Rental /Equipment Hire
- PDA Rental
The User shall agree to the payment terms as follows:
- The User shall pay the Company by Standing Order on a weekly/monthly basis.
- The User shall receive the relevant invoices on a weekly/monthly basis if required.
- In the event of any money remaining unpaid 14days after the instalment due date, the agreement will be terminated and the Company will not be in a position to maintain equipment. Therefore the user will be charged on a per call-out basis. The fee will be charged at current rates and will be due on receipt of invoice.
- Should ‘The User’ decide to return the equipment ‘The Company’ must be given at least one month notice in writing and any monies due for any part of the rental must be paid by ‘The User’ to ‘The Company’. Failure to do so will result in legal action. Title to goods remains with ‘The Company’ until such time as full payment has been received.
This maintenance agreement entitles the User to have free of charge from the date of signed agreement:-
- Any updates in software.
Liability by the Company is expressly excluded at any time in respect of any system failure caused by the Users own fault, its employees or other workers employed on behalf of the User including:
- Corruption of software caused by viruses from other software being installed onto the system.
- Viruses from disks being installed into computers.
- The failure caused by the negligence of Tradesmen or other workers employed or working on behalf of the User.
- Any defect caused by fire, theft, misuse, physical damage and neglect or tampering with the equipment by any person other than an authorised employee or agent of the company.
- Should any of the above at 5 arise the User shall agree to pay the Company the appropriate fee to have the system up and running.
- The Companies decision regarding the above is final and binding.
- The company cannot be held responsible for any loss of data or downtime due to problems with utilities/service providers network i.e. ESB, mobile service provider, broadband provider etc.
- This agreement shall cover for call-out to inspect equipment as outlined in 2 above during normal working hours only from 9.00a.m. – 5.00p.m. Monday-Friday.
- If for any reason a problem occurs with the equipment, the equipment shall be made available for attention during the hours at 9 above and that we may at our discretion remove the equipment for the purpose of making it serviceable.
- The user can request the company to adjust this agreement to cover maintenance outside of normal working hours at an extra cost.
- Whilst every effort shall be made to implement this scheme to the full we cannot be held responsible for contingencies beyond our control due to the conditions of war or non-availability of components or materials, and the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable period of time in excess of the actual delay to complete the maintenance schedule.
- After the expiry of the period as specified in clause 1, the Company may adjust the fee for the continuation of this agreement. The Company shall notify the User of this change as an adjustment will be necessary to the standing order.
- No oral representation or arrangement is recognised by the Company and the conditions of this agreement may only be modified by supplementary written agreement.
- If at any time any question, dispute or difference shall arise between the two parties of this contract, either party shall as soon as is reasonably practicable, give to each other notice in writing of the existence of such question, dispute or difference, specifying its nature and the point at issue, and the same shall be referred to arbitration using a person to be agreed upon. In the event of failure to agree on such a person to act as arbitrator, the issue shall be referred to an appointed person. Performance of the contract shall continue during arbitration proceedings. No payment shall be withheld on account of pending reference to arbitration.
- This contract shall in all respects be constructed and operated as an Irish contract and in Conformity with Irish Law and unless otherwise arranged is subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- Words importing the singular also include the plural and vice versa, where the context requires.